Terms & Conditions – BOL Guppay
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
BOL Guppay (Program) and the producer, BOL Media Enterprise (“Producer”), a television series featuring videos and seeking submissions by members of the public of their home videos showing funny and/or unique events for possible telecast on the BOL News by BOL Network. (“Network”). At Producer and/or Network’s sole discretion, videos submitted may also be posted on, but in no way limited to, the bolnews.com website, the BOL Social Media and may be further used as stated herein and/or in the submission materials. Only videos conforming to Network’s Broadcast Standards and Practices, based on Producer’s and Network’s judgment, as they determine in their sole discretion, will be eligible for consideration in the Program.
- 1. Persons wishing to enter may send as many different videos as they wish by following the instructions on the website (Email or WhatsApp). Submitting your videos(s) on the aforementioned digital platforms and agreeing to the terms of service thereof transfers exclusive ownership in the submitted video(s) to Producer as of the date/time of acceptance of such terms of service.
- 2. Videos will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Regardless of the means of submission of the video, submitter (and/or Entrant) hereby agrees to execute all additional paperwork and/or agreements as required by Producer to further memorialize and/or record the transfer of ownership and/or any other rights or permissions granted to Producer.
- 3. All submissions become the sole property of Producer and may be used in any manner, commercial or otherwise, including without limitation in the Program or any other Program, in any and all media and/or technologies now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity.
- 4. Producer is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected videos under any circumstances. Please keep a copy of your submission.
- 5. Videos that purport to be spontaneous must be so, or Entrant must explicitly disclose the circumstances of the taping at time of entry.
- 6. Producer reserves the right to edit and/or alter any submission in Producer’s sole discretion.
- 7. Producer’s decisions regarding all Program matters are made in Producer’s sole and absolute discretion and are final and non-appealable. All submissions are subject to the terms of these rules and all Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and Producer’s decisions.
- 8. Producer is not responsible for Internet system and hardware failures; delayed, incomplete or unsuccessful transmission of video or other entry information; technical malfunctions of any kind; human error; information loss and downtime; or any costs, losses, liability or damages resulting from any such failures. In the event of any such technical difficulty, malfunction or error, Producer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take such actions as it deems appropriate in keeping with the fairness and integrity of the Contest, including without limitation a determination to take no action.
- 1. If your submitted video was posted on an internet website(s) pre or post submission to Producer, Producer reserves the right to have you remove the video from any website for any reason, including which, in Producer’s determination, if remaining on such a website would bring Producer, the Network, the Program or the Program into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or which reflects unfavorably upon Producer, the Network, the Contest, the Program or any sponsor of the Program or the Contest. Producer reserves the right to disqualify your entry at any time if you fail to remove your video from a website as so directed by Producer.
- 2. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that his/her submission may or may not receive exposure in any or all types of media, including without limitation social media sites, news, and entertainment sites (collectively, the “Media”), that competing submissions may receive more or less exposure in the Media prior or subsequent to submission to BOL Guppay, and that Producer, and/or third parties may initiate, assist or cooperate with Media requests or exposure in connection with any submission(s). Entrant understands, agrees and assumes the risk that Media exposure of his/her submission, if any, may not be the same or commensurate with that of other competing submissions. Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that the Releases provided to Producer by Entrant shall cover any claim, expense or liability arising from or relating to such Media contact or exposure, or the lack thereof.
- 3. Producer reserves the right to at any time change eligibility and procedures.
- 4. In addition to the rights granted when uploading submissions to.BOL, or any other electronic form of submission, Entrants whose videos are chosen for possible inclusion in an episode of the Program must sign a Release and Indemnity in the form presented by Producer attesting, among other things, to the fact that they are the rightful owners of the submitted videos and that the video may be submitted and broadcast, and ownership transferred to Producer, without obtaining permission from or making any payment to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary herein, Producer’s requirement related to completion of the aforementioned Releases is not intended to, and does not, alter that exclusive ownership of the video is granted to Producer upon the submitter’s agreement to the online terms of service. Any submission containing third party content may be subject to disqualification. All persons submitting a video or appearing in or heard in a video must grant, or must have granted, all necessary rights as required by Producer, which may require, without limitation, signing the applicable Release(s) (which shall, among other things, grant to Producer the ownership rights in the video(s), and/or and the right to use such person’s name, voice and likeness in any manner, commercial or otherwise, and in any and all media and/or technologies whether now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity, including, without limitation, for programming, promotional and advertising purposes), and may be provided to submitter after agreeing to the applicable online terms of service and submission applications and grants of rights but before the submission can be eligible for prize awards. Failure to provide requested Releases and/or consents may result in disqualification of Entrant. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary herein, and without limitation of the rights granted to Producer, the submission of a video constitutes the Entrant’s permission to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of the Entrant, as well as the Entrant’s representation that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and approvals to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of all persons appearing in the video, in and in connection with the Program and any and all other exploitations thereof or otherwise, including, without limitation, for programming, advertising and promotional purposes, in all media and/or technologies, now known or hereinafter created.
- 5. Each submission must be solely the original work of Entrant(s)/submitter(s) and/or each Entrant represents that his/her submission does not infringe on any third party’s copyrighted material trademark or other intellectual property rights, or privacy or publicity rights.
- 6. By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless, BOL News, the broadcasters/distributors of “BOL Guppay” and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and each of their respective licensees, assigns, officers, directors, employees, members, partners, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission, exhibition or exploitation of the entry, participation in this Contest, appearance on the Program, or otherwise and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or any breach or threatened breach by Entrant of any provision, representation, warranty or obligation made hereunder.
- 7. Each Entrant agrees that his/her participation and submission shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws applicable to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. Each Entrant consents and agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of Pakistan. Any claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.